POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface threshold 0..1 : Re: Isosurface threshold 0..1 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface threshold 0..1
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 23 Nov 2016 19:22:22
Message: <583632be$1@news.povray.org>
On 23.11.2016 22:50, Mike Horvath wrote:

> I have three functions that return values between 0 and 1 (inclusive).
> What is the proper threshold to use with them? Here is an example of one
> such function.

No threshold will give the desired result using the color
conversion function directly, as clipka explained you need
a define a "distance" function for this purpose.

Alternatively you could try to render the clipped function
(set to 0 outside the gamut) as strongly scattering media but
it may be fiddly and you don't get the look of a "surface"
regarding finish and lighting etc.