POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV glows in UberPOV : Re: MegaPOV glows in UberPOV Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:04:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV glows in UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 14 Nov 2016 19:52:21
Message: <582a5c45$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.11.2016 um 01:13 schrieb [GDS|Enropy]:

[Whoops -- what happened to the "t" in your user name?]

> There are some known legacy bugs with Glows, such as them showing through
> solid objects, and perhaps if it proves vexing enough we can address some
> of those at a later time.

Yes, for now I consider it the mission to be establishing a baseline for
the feature, matching MegaPOV as closely as possible (except for the
presumed scaling bug). Non-trivial bug fixes may follow sooner or later,
but they're not priority.

Which is why I'd love to hear whether the issues reported by omniverse
are also seen with MegaPOV.

> However some of them are impractical to tackle at this time in my opinion,
> like the issue I mentioned above.
>
> Such things might be best handled at a later time when there is a cohesive
> plan involving scattering media/media in general, but I am unaware of any
> planned additions/extensions or modifications to the media implementation.

It may come as a surprise to you, but the glow feature is entirely
independent of media, so there's no reason to tie modifications of one
to the other.