POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : how are dist. doc mistakes handled? : Re: how are dist. doc mistakes handled? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how are dist. doc mistakes handled?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 Sep 2016 09:36:45
Message: <57ee6a6d$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/30/2016 12:16 AM, omniverse wrote:
> Was curious about the "template" subfolders, files I have from Win64 3.7.1
> alpha, since I found one error in a 'txt' which is displayed when clicking on
> the corresponding HTML image link via _index.htm:
>
>  // ----------------- HF_Sphere macro
> #declare Fn_1 =
>  function(x, y, z)
>   {1-(-f_snoise3d(x*7,y*7,z*7)*0.5 }
>
> a final  ) missing before }
>
> Didn't know if these things were being reported here at p.d.i. and somehow fixed
> by someone for later distributions or what, but had me wondering if the program
> download was ever being updated without a change of version or revision while
> such things got changed.
> Assuming there are people or a person actively correcting the distribution
> files.
>
> Or would this only matter for the next major update?
>
> Unfortunately I have nothing else to report... or fortunate as you might see
> it... only this very minor mistake. Thought I would try to be diligent when
> looking through those SDL txt files, albeit a tiny bit at a time, and tell of
> anything else amiss I might find.
>
> Just thinking I might be too late, not knowing fixes have been done before I get
> to them.
>
> Thanks to anyone with the answer!

I don't myself use the windows interface templates, but I suppose here
or povray.bugreports OK groups to report an issue with a template file.

Something this small might get rolled into other updates by the
developers on their seeing it. In any case, I've put in a github pull
req #101 against the master branch, adding the closing paren. That req
will be addressed or closed as already done by the developers at some
later time.

As to when a fix gets out so to speak, it generally depends on when and
how the developers adopt it - and perhaps how the user installs any new
version with the fix. I don't though know how these windows template
files are used / integrated into the windows version on POV-Ray.

Bill P.