POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section. : Re: Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section. Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:51:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed informational table for tiling pattern section.
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 25 Sep 2016 08:21:32
Message: <57e7c14c$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/24/2016 1:37 PM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> OK. Strange. I see the table OK in FF on the wiki talk page.
>
> One thing I notice looking at the html again is I set the border not
> very thick at: border="2px solid black". Probably something like 5px
> would be better, but this might not be related at all to what you see.

the table as it appears is a bit clunky and i was going for something a
bit sleeker looking ... did you notice that border="2px solid black" is
having difficulty? try changing black to red or solid to dashed and see
what i mean. btw: going from 2px to 5px works tho. i even tried using
inline style="yada-yada" and no joy either. that is what i meant by
wiki-ism ... somethings work some don't. since inline style is not
considered best practice these days i created the following style:

.lined {
   margin: auto;
   background-color: transparent;
   text-align: center;
   border-bottom: 1px solid #efefef;
   border-collapse: collapse;
}

the wiki doesn't render faint grey lines that border-bottom: 1px solid
#efefef; specifies but works great as standalone html page ... again
with the wiki-ism