POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Looking for a interactive viewer : Re: Looking for a interactive viewer Server Time
16 Apr 2024 10:54:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for a interactive viewer
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Sep 2016 07:05:20
Message: <57e3baf0$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/22/2016 10:14 AM, lelama wrote:

> Tried to read .pov in Blender without success.
>
> First, I tried on Ubuntu studio, latest version. I was not able to activate the
> add-on because of some inexistant file or directory.
>
> Then I downloaded the latest binary blender version on the blender server. I
> checked that the fileI was rendered correctly using povray directly. But it was
> not correctly rendered in Blender Only a grey plane appeared, whereas it was
> supposed to show a person on a bike.
>
> Laurent.

I had the same problem when I tried it yesterday.
I have not read the documentation on it. So that goes on the todo list.
Once I have finished a project I am working on. I am going to have a
look to see what I did wrong or not do right.
After the import there was only a plane called: PovInfinitePlane

--

Regards
     Stephen