POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : looks_like suggestion : Re: looks_like suggestion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looks_like suggestion
From: clipka
Date: 11 Sep 2016 09:45:19
Message: <57d55fef$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.09.2016 um 14:40 schrieb Jim Holsenback:

> Well that section was awkward to begin with ... since it was so short I
> just rewrote the whole thing:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Light_Source#Looks_Like

I find "important things to consider" item 5 quite confusing: Is it
intended to apply to a regular looks_like object, or the union alternative?

Personally I'm quite sure it's the latter, but I would suggest to
instead use wording like:

    4. use a union instead if you want the object to
       block light (remember to make /some/ portion of
       the object transparent)

Also, the union example is broken, as in contrast to looks_like the
union doesn't auto-translate My_Lamp_Shape to the location of the light
source.