POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : global settings in pre-scripted light definitions : Re: global settings in pre-scripted light definitions Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:06:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: global settings in pre-scripted light definitions
From: clipka
Date: 3 Aug 2016 09:51:09
Message: <57a1f6cd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.08.2016 um 13:13 schrieb Nieman:

> For creating images I use an pre-scripted textfile in which the light settings
> are definded.
> Now I need to setup some global settings which can not be setup within this
> file.
> The script of this file ist written below.
> Is there any way to define global settings within an .ini file. Or is there any
> command wihtin the script I can use. At my point of view it is not possible to
> define global setting in this file, because this commands are read after the
> model is rendered...

???
Maybe you could elaborate a bit on the workflow you are using, as I
don't think I completely understand what exactly you are doing.
(If you're struggling to explain it in English, feel free to explain it
in German instead.)

The only part I do understand is that you're using some other scripting
language (which one? I don't recognize it) to generate snippets of
POV-Ray scene code (how are they passed to POV-Ray itself?).

My first guess is that POV-Ray's `#include` statement is the key to
whatever you're trying to do.