POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! : Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please! Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:04:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My idea: Developers need tips! Help me, please!
From: clipka
Date: 24 Jul 2016 14:06:17
Message: <57950399$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.07.2016 um 19:31 schrieb LanuHum:

> I started to learn programming language C ++.
> To transfer data from Blender in Povray, we use files
> My idea: to give up files.
>
> How will it work?

Uh... I understand very little of what that piece of code is supposed to
do, most probably because of all the "PyWhatever" functions which, I
presume, are an interface to Python. So what you've written there is
probaly a wild mix of C++ and Python in C++-disguise.

I understand that your goal is to transfer data between Blender and
POV-Ray without using files (as in, "the things that get written to the
hard drive").

This is currently not possible, because files are the one and only way
to transmit the necessary data into POV-Ray (in the form of INI and SDL
files, as well as image map files and the like) and back out of it (in
the form of image files).

There is ongoing work to modularize POV-Ray enough so that it can be
called as a kind of library from other applications, allowing to bypass
the parser and the image file output, but that work is far from finished.