POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : pull/74 : Re: pull/74 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pull/74
From: dick balaska
Date: 12 Jul 2016 21:15:20
Message: <57859628$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-07-12 17:39, also sprach clipka:
> Am 12.07.2016 um 20:41 schrieb dick balaska:
>>> Commit Summary
>>>
>>>    Refactoring IOStream family of classes.
>>
>> Oh please oh please oh please, let Him be refactoring out that 80 that
>> is hardcoded as a linewidth in a boatload of constructors.
>
> Uh... no, that's way beside my focus, sorry to disappoint you. I'm
> primarily concerned with file input at the lowest level (actual file
> access, implemented by the IOBase(*) family of classes), not file output
> at the highest level (word wrapping, implemented by the TextStreamBuffer
> family of classes).
>
> (*erroneously referred to in the commits and pull request as IOStream)

Yeah... I know.
I had that thought, then looked at the diff and saw what you were doing,
but decided to post that anyway.

Back when I first brought it up I thought fixing it would be a good toe
dipping exercise, but no.  It's not a config parameter, it's a friggin
parameter passed in a constructor! (And it's not even a symbol, like
CONSOLEWIDTH, it's a freakin numeric 80! Argh.)

I still want to fix that, but I have more impovtant things I'm working on...

--
dik