POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just dawdling : Re: Just dawdling Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:44:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just dawdling
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 May 2016 03:51:27
Message: <573acd7f@news.povray.org>
On 17-5-2016 9:23, Stephen wrote:
> Is this the sort of effect you are looking for?
>
> I used a bump map from Poser. I thought Kenneth was on the right track.
> I tried reducing the colour depth. Which wasn't very useful.
> The bump map was just copied from P4 woman bump.TIF and had no processing

That is indeed something along the right track. However, bump maps are
essentially identical to depth maps. In your example the contrasts are
appropriately stronger and thus giving better results.

Doing some tricks on my depth map along these lines I got an alien
sculpture.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message