POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Prism Problem : Re: Prism Problem Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prism Problem
From: clipka
Date: 18 Apr 2016 12:11:08
Message: <5715071c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.04.2016 um 17:37 schrieb Sereib:

> prism{cubic_spline 0, 1, 7, P0, P1, P2, P3, P4, P1, P5}
>
> using the points P0 ... P5 I calculate in a loop using #declare ...
> which, however, results in "Too few points in a prism"

No error message here; and even if P1 is undefined or not a vector, the
error message I get is a different one.

Are you sure you're quoting the statement exactly as you used it?

If that's really what you're doing, then please post a self-contained
scene showing the error, and also let me know what version of POV-Ray
you are using.

> has POV-Ray a problem with using predefined points instead of using
> the numerical value in the prism statement?

No; that's entirely impossible, due to the way the parser is
implemented. In the parsing of the prism statement, the vectors are
parsed using the very same generic function to parse an arbitrary vector
expression that is used all over the place in the parser. Any problem
with that procedure would pop up everywhere, not just in the prism
statement.