POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Smooth swinging camera work : Re: Smooth swinging camera work Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth swinging camera work
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Apr 2016 09:00:21
Message: <570a4e65$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/10/2016 1:37 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> The coordinate system is a static "thing"  It doesn't "do" anything.
> Look_at just determines what direction the camera is pointing when it's at a
> given location ("vector").

Just one thing to mention. There are two coordinate systems*, Y up and Z
up. Depends if you are a mathematician or an engineer. Moray used Z up.
There is also left hand and right hand versions too.
One of the reasons I use a modeller I cannot visualise scenes well
enough to be a true Pover.

* Not counting all the fancy ones like Polar, Plücker, cylindrical etc.

--

Regards
     Stephen