POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : using console version in windows : Re: using console version in windows Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using console version in windows
From: clipka
Date: 2 Apr 2016 10:40:18
Message: <56ffd9d2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.04.2016 um 15:04 schrieb whenuwishupon:

> So for implementing povray in my main programm, I need the console version.  In
> the source I found the windows/readme.txt. It describes how to build up a
> primitive console version. "..., please modify the configuration as needed, edit
> vfe\win\syspovconfig.h to enable the definition of _CONSOLE as noted
> therein, and build." Ok, easy step.
> But it says also that this console version is only a "simple example" and "If
> you wish to make a more comprehensive console that runs on windows, please use
> the unix version as a guide,..."
>
> My questions: Is the primitive console version of POVRay for my purpose/idea
> sufficing? --> Loading .pov , .ini , start .ini Animation , resolution input,
> adjust ouput direction.

I'm not sure what exactly the limitations of the console version are,
but it should be perfectly fine for your purposes.

You might need to specify the number of render threads manually, or
might not get to limit file output to whitelisted directories, or stuff
like that, and of course you won't get a preview display. But the
processing of .ini and .pov files is fully functional (except maybe
shellout commands).

> Is there a list of commands to use for the console? in the documentation?

There isn't any magic to it. Just pass the name of the .ini file as a
command line parameter.