POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : the concept of focus in povray? : Re: the concept of focus in povray? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:49:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the concept of focus in povray?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Mar 2016 03:07:40
Message: <56fa29bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-3-2016 5:54, Lsq wrote:
> Hi,I have studied this soft for several days and have 2 questions:
>
> 1、which keyword is used to set the focus of perspective model carema?
> look_at?direction? or others?
> 2、Besides,when one focus of the carema is set,how can we ensure
> that the objects of the image is clear under this focus?
>
> I'm confused about this.Could anyone help me? Thanks!

Welcome to the club!

I suppose you are talking about focal blur and depth of field like in a
Real Life camera. Basically, the cameras in POV-Ray are pinpoint
cameras, i.e. they do not have a lens for focussing. As a result the
scene is always sharp from foreground to background.

However, focal blur (or depth of field) can be simulated in POV-Ray. The
best you can do presently imo, is to play with the example camera scenes
that are present in the scenes/camera folder of POV-Ray. You will find
there the focalblur.pov scene which you can use, besides all the other
camera types of course.

--
Thomas