POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:03:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: dick balaska
Date: 4 Mar 2016 21:49:15
Message: <56da492b$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/4/2016 3:02 PM, Satadorus wrote:

> - How can I use a series of Povray images to create an animation?
> - - Years ago I used VideoMach. Are there better tools?
> - - Are there tools to merge my animation with another video?

As said, ffmpeg is where it's at.  If you're using Turbo Pascal, you can
easily handle this.

It will take a pile of .pngs and make a video.
It will merge two videos together.
It can do green screen overlays of one video over another (so I've read).
It's really a swiss army knife. - It can stream video while overlaying :)

This is the command I use to make a 720p video.
ffmpeg  -y -r 30 -i tteoac-%d.png -i ../wavs/TortillaFlatUnderGlass.wav
-i metadata.txt -s hd720 -crf 18 -map 0:0 -map 1:0 -map_metadata 2 -c:v
libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p ../out/tteoac.mp4

-y                - overwrite old tteoac.mp4 without asking
-r 30             - 30 fps
-i tteoac-%d.png  - read this pile of files as an input stream
-i blah.wav       - audio track
-i metadata.txt   - chapter markers (you can omit this)
-s hd720
-crf 18           - quality bigger is higher q
-map 0:0          - map .png to video 0
-map 1:0          - map audio to video 0
-map_metadata 2   - stream 2 is metadata
-c:v libx264      - select encoder
-pix_fmt yuv420p  - geeky video thingy
tteoac.mp4        - output file name

I remember watching this video. I love the csg "explanations".
(I've owned a CB650 for speed and GL1100 for grandpa mode)

--
dik