POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 4 Mar 2016 16:27:33
Message: <56d9fdc5$1@news.povray.org>
On 04.03.2016 21:02, Satadorus wrote:

> - If I specify a greenish background and that colour also appears in my
> rendering, is ONLY the background transparent? Or also part of my rendering.

It doesn't work like a green screen. Parts of your render will not
become transparent just because they accidentally have the same color.
However if an object itself is partially transparent (e.g. glass) and
the background contributes to the rendered pixel I think it will be
partially transparent when rendered with alpha output (at least if
the file format supports that).

> - How can I use a series of Povray images to create an animation?
> - - Years ago I used VideoMach. Are there better tools?
> - - Are there tools to merge my animation with another video?

I use ffmpeg which is good and free. You must be (or get) comfortable
with using command line though (there may be GUI projects for it but
I never tried them)

> What I would like is a way to show my animation 'in front' of another video.
> Like Blue or Green screen technique used for film and TV.

I also think the easiest way to achieve this would be to extract
the frames of the background video. If you want to keep the clean
animation frames, create a separate animation in povray that only
serves to combine foreground and background images.