POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : splinefollow : Re: splinefollow Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:09:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splinefollow
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 27 Feb 2016 08:04:33
Message: <56d19ee1$1@news.povray.org>

Le 27/02/2016 10:49, clipka a écrit :
> Am 27.02.2016 um 10:42 schrieb ThH:
>> could some kind soul please check this...
>>
>> Trying scenes/animation/splinefollow.pov I got this:
>>
>> thh@quadro:~/POV_Master/share/povray-3.7/scenes/animations/splinefoll
ow$

povray splinefollow.pov +p +w320 +h240
>> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version
>> 3.7.1-alpha.8492620.unofficial (g++ 4.9.2 @
>> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) This is an unofficial version compiled
>> by: ThH <no.spam@address> The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for
>> supporting this version.
>>
>> 8< snip >8
>>
>> ==== [Parsing...]
>> Speicherzugriffsfehler
>
> Can't confirm for the Windows version.

I can confirm for the master branch ( 3.7.1-alpha.8497793.unofficial )

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

No such problem on stable branch, and not yet either on my two branches.
So, it's new, it's fresh... (less than a year old)

traced to se.resize()

void mkfree(GenericSpline * sp, SplineEntryList::size_type i)
{
    SplineEntryList::size_type j;
    SplineEntryList& se = sp->SplineEntries;

    se.resize(se.size()+1);
    for (j=sp->SplineEntries.size()-1; j>i; j--)
        se[j] = se[j-1];
}

But it might be due to a previous memory corruption because the
segfault is due to malloc.c, a code that is safe as long as memory is
not corrupted.

I would bet for, somewhere else, a write out of allocated area.