POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Continue render errors : Re: Continue render errors Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:58:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continue render errors
From: clipka
Date: 3 Feb 2016 13:29:37
Message: <56b24711$1@news.povray.org>
Am 03.02.2016 um 05:27 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I noticed some errors in my week-long render, after stopping and then
> restarting the render. You can see in the image that in a few spots
> pov-ray did not completely trace the image. I'm not sure what the final
> image will look like. Will it have blank holes? Will the holes be filled
> in with the coarse pre-trace stuff? I dunno.

Well, you /could/ wait and see...

I need to ask once again what version of POV-Ray you are using; I recall
that there had been problems with individual blocks not being rendered
properly after continuing a render, and while I can't recall the
details, to all current knowledge these have been sorted out by now.

What you see might just be a case of a block taking significantly longer
time than the others, exaggerated by the abort and continue (because
incomplete blocks in an aborted render are started from scratch in a
continued render).