POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug or Missing Feature: Image Duplicate : Bug or Missing Feature: Image Duplicate Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Bug or Missing Feature: Image Duplicate
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 6 Jan 2016 12:18:27
Message: <568d4c63@news.povray.org>
Hi,

here I am sitting since almost SIX DAYS rendering with POV-Ray an
8000x45000pixel version of my spaceship, and just when it reached 98%, a
faultily attached USB device caused a restart of my computer.

I wanted to continue the rendering of that image, but I cannot find the
partially rendered image in its folder.

I used RECUVA and tried to find the SIX-DAY-Rendering image among the
deleted files, no success. it has disappeared.

1. Any idea where I can find this image and/or how to restore it?
2. Wouldn't it be a very, very wise solution to have POV-Ray creating
first a temporary image and just on completion writing the original
image (preventing image loss in cases like this)?