POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Most Needed: New Shape: Human : Re: Most Needed: New Shape: Human Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Most Needed: New Shape: Human
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Dec 2015 03:14:29
Message: <56711d65$1@news.povray.org>
If I may be so bolt, this cannot be considered as a trivial project at
all, and one can question the need for such a POV-Ray object (as I have
already done in the past iirc). I built something like this in the past
using Moray, as an articulated o'cedar mannequin, but it was only really
useful in its limited way when used in Moray-built scenes. Otherwise,
the need for human figures can go from simplified human shapes like
dolls to elaborate, realistic, figures. All depends on the purpose of
the artist. And how about clothes? This is a vast area not easily
tackled indeed within a purely POV-Ray context.

As for me, I am content to use Poser for my humans. It is not cheap but
does exactly what I want it to do (or almost). Otherwise, DAZ and
MakeHuman are (for me) second and/or third choice. Those figures are
very easy to integrate within a POV-Ray scene.

--
Thomas