POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to turn off "render other file"? : Re: How to turn off "render other file"? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to turn off "render other file"?
From: clipka
Date: 18 Oct 2015 05:31:03
Message: <562366d7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.10.2015 um 06:29 schrieb Dick Balaska:
> Ahoy,
>
> So povwin has this cool feature whereby when I render a file, it asks
> "You rendered this other file before, do you want to do it again?".

I guess you're talking about the dialog titled "Render Alternate File?"
that pops up when you try to render a file that's included in some other
file that you rendered earlier during this session.

> I say yes and render away.  Now I *don't* want to render that other
> file, but rather render this one.

Uh... maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but why do you then respond with
"yes" in the first place?

> How do I turn off the magic "render
> other file" setting?

AFAIK there is currently no switch that turns off this feature entirely.
You'll need to pick "No, Don't Ask Again [during this session]" if you
want to render a file that is included by another file you rendered
earlier, once per such file per session.

Note however that if you start the render via the "Edit Settings/Render"
dialog from the "Render" menu, the mechanism will be bypassed entirely,
always rendering the currently selected file with no questions asked. If
you need this frequently, you may want to memorize the corresponding
keyboard shortcut, which happens to be "Alt-R Alt-R Alt-R"