POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory corruption in POV-Ray 3.7.1 and UberPOV : Re: Memory corruption in POV-Ray 3.7.1 and UberPOV Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:57:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory corruption in POV-Ray 3.7.1 and UberPOV
From: clipka
Date: 30 Sep 2015 14:37:35
Message: <560c2bef$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.09.2015 um 19:55 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> I have kind of good & bad news...
> Using valgrind on povray (the scene is fast enough), there is something
> fishy in the *new* spline code (no problem of memcheck with older
> versions, such as the stable version).

First of all, thanks for digging this up.

If you feel like going the extra mile and conjuring up a hotfix for
Cousin Ricky, I guess that would be welcome.

As for an official fix for the issue, my suggestion is to leave it be
for now, as I'm currently doing a major overhaul of the splines code
anyway, and this particular piece of code is already scheduled to be
eradicated entirely.