POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : toFloat.h missing : Re: toFloat.h missing Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:03:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toFloat.h missing
From: Benjamin Chambers
Date: 24 Sep 2015 12:28:58
Message: <560424ca@news.povray.org>
On 9/18/2015 12:07 PM, Benjamin Chambers wrote:
> On 9/18/2015 10:26 AM, clipka wrote:
>> Make sure that the project conversion from VS2010 to VS2015 has kept the
>> build dependencies and custom build steps intact; rebuilding the "Half"
>> project should automatically trigger a rebuild of the "eLut" and
>> "toFloat" projects first; those projects should in turn cause those
>> files to be created in the "libraries/ilmbase/Half" directory (unless
>> the respective file already exists and is up to date), which should be
>> accompanied by the build log output "Generating <filename>...".
>
> Thanks! This seems to be what the problem is. Here is the output from
> building toFloat:
> 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: toFloat, Configuration: Release
> 1>  toFloat.cpp
> 1>  openexr_toFloat.vcxproj ->

C:\Users\benja\Source\Repos\povray\windows\vs10\build\toFloat\x64\Release\toFloat.exe

> ========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Now this is interesting. I've been over the XML for the project files,
and they APPEAR to be set up correctly to generate the header files.

However, the custom build step never runs.

I'll keep poking around in it and see what I can do.