POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : bezier spline sphere sweep : Re: bezier spline sphere sweep Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:03:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bezier spline sphere sweep
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 7 Sep 2015 01:45:43
Message: <55ed2487@news.povray.org>
On 2015-09-06 08:47 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
> One of the worst things you can do is place a macro in an include file,
> and call that macro a lot from the main file. This will cause POV-Ray to
> repeatedly open and close that include file for each and every macro
> invocation.

And this is exactly how both And and I implemented sphere sweep unions
and merges (by calling Connect_Spheres() in shapes.inc).  Still, the
parse times seem negligible, probably due to file caching.

Nevertheless, you have now persuaded me to write a substitute for VEq()
in SphereSweep, especially since, for that module's purposes, the
arguments needed preprocessing anyway before passing them to VEq().