POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Intersection causes quadric to disappear : Re: Intersection causes quadric to disappear Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Intersection causes quadric to disappear
From: clipka
Date: 31 Jul 2015 20:33:13
Message: <55bc13c9$1@news.povray.org>
Am 29.07.2015 um 22:22 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> I have it... you of course had to choose the sole kind of quadric that
> get "optimized" bounding box in 3.7 : paraboloid.
> (the 3 axes are impacted)

After having had a closer look, it seems that we should be careful when
trying to fix this: The change appears to have in turn been introduced
to fix some other known issue with the quadric bounding boxes.

(For reference: The change dates back to Perforce times, and is listed
in the database as Changelist 3810; it was checked in by Chris on
2005-06-13, apparently on behalf of Massimo Valentini.)