POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problem while trying to install libjpeg8-dev : Re: Problem while trying to install libjpeg8-dev Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:08:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem while trying to install libjpeg8-dev
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 25 Jun 2015 22:30:29
Message: <558cb945$1@news.povray.org>
On 26.06.2015 03:39, clipka wrote:

> You need to either specifically install the libjpeg8-dev matching your
> installed libjpeg8, which (as far as I understand) the following command
> should do:
>
>    apt-get install libjpeg8-dev=8b-1
>
> or you need to upgrade libjpeg8 to the most recent version:
>
>    apt-get upgrade libjpeg8
>    apt-get install libjpeg8-dev

Neither worked - when tryintg to install libjpeg-dev=8b-1 or
libjpeg8-dev, I get the same error message again, when I try to upgrad
libjpeg8, apt-get says it is already the latest version... instead I got
a lengthy list of now disused packages which may be removed by using
apt-get autoremove - which I did afterwards. But even after this, your
suggestions did not work, messages were like before.

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar