POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Jump after error : Re: Jump after error Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:52:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jump after error
From: clipka
Date: 22 Feb 2015 09:34:20
Message: <54e9e8ec$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.02.2015 um 10:54 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I am getting the "Possible Parse Error: Degenerate cylinder, base point
> = apex point." error, but the editor is not jumping me to the location
> where the error occurred.

This is because it's not a hard parse error, just a type of warning.
POV-Ray only jumps you to the error location when it aborts parsing.

That said, I do agree that POV-Ray should at least print some hint about
the location of stuff it warns about; in fact, the Unix version has been
doing that for ages, and it so happens that I've recently checked in a
change to make the Windows version do the same at last, it just hasn't
made it into a (semi-)official binary build of POV-Ray proper yet. It
/did/ make it into UberPOV beta.10 though.