POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Annotation of the internal functions sample scenes : Re: Annotation of the internal functions sample scenes Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:00:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Annotation of the internal functions sample scenes
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Feb 2015 20:10:30
Message: <54d80906@news.povray.org>
On 02/08/2015 01:09 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> I would rather bet for "René Smellenbergh"

My newsreader renders this as lowercase e acute, but the Web interface
renders it as capital A tilde-copyright, which is what happens if you
parse UTF-8 as if it were straight 8-bit ISO 8859-1.  Actually, I've
noticed this in your "... a écrit :" for a long time now; the
NTTP-to-HTML converter software is making an incorrect assumption about
the text encoding (which was probably the correct assumption before
UTF-8 became popular)--yet, it serves its HTML as UTF-8..

> Yvo & René have been long time contributors to povray.
>
> Presently, Yvo is still contributing to the povray.macintosh group (very
> kindly :-) )
>
> Guess what: 0x8E is "é" in Mac OS Roman.

Of course!  I don't have a Mac, but I've seen Yvo's posts in other
groups.  But I am not familiar with René.