POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : New semi-official development build : Re: New semi-official development build Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New semi-official development build
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jan 2015 16:11:52
Message: <54c6ad98@news.povray.org>
Am 26.01.2015 um 13:47 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Second comment: Changing blend_gamma in blend_mode 3 does not make any
> visible difference. All settings equal to blend_mode 1.

If your transitions are between different colours, with not much
difference in brightness, then that is to be expected.

If your transitions are between different brightness levels, with not
much difference in colour, then I am inclined to attribute your
observation to you doing something wrong ;)

Here's what I get with blend_mode 3, and blend_gamma varying from 0.5
(left) to 2.5 (center) to 7.5 (right). Note the differences in the
struts connected to the black ball.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gradients.png' (95 KB)