POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Gobi puzzle : Re: Gobi puzzle Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:01:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gobi puzzle
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Jan 2015 05:07:38
Message: <54ba346a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16/01/2015 21:12, Eriban a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have created another animation of a puzzle in my collection. This animation
> features the Gobi puzzle designed by Alfons Eyckmans. It is a level 31.9.5.5
> puzzle, meaning that releasing the first piece requires 31 moves, followed by
> another nine to free the second piece, etc. The puzzle is called Gobi for
> reasons that should become clear towards the end of the video, when the puzzle
> is nearly fully disassembled.
>
> I think it's a beautiful puzzle. Hopefully you'll agree.

Yes, very nice puzzle, with a nice symbolism inside (I recognize a
human, is it a cow or a dromedary next to it ?)

For a less brutal angular acceleration, some rotations might enjoy some
sloping curves (with superposition of the end of one rotation with the
start of the next one).

The space is ok for the dissassembly, but I would have expected a
fast-reassembly at the end (very fast, while credits are
displayed/scrolled). And may be a counter or sort of it (1, 2, ... 31,
31.1, 31.2, ... 31.9.5.5 ) in a corner

31 first moves... and I found my puzzles difficult... oh relativity!