POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : My recent updates : Re: My recent updates Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:55:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My recent updates
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Oct 2014 15:28:58
Message: <544aa87a@news.povray.org>
On 24/10/2014 02:54, Bald Eagle wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
>
>  RC3Metal
>    - Derive updated metal colors from analysis of digital photos.  I
>      believe I have a system to compensate for environment biases.  At
>      this time I have no idea where I will get gold, silver, and bronze
>      specimens.
>
> I have a bronze box manufactured by Tiffany.  It has 3 major colorations - that
> "shiny new copper" color, the usual "old patina'd penny" look, and then on the
> inside of the cover is - as far as I can tell, and example of the very reddish
> copper color which I believe arises from "dezincified bronze"

Bronze is Copper+Tin (Cu / Sn), Brass is Copper+Zinc (Cu / Zn). No Zinc
in Bronze. (memotrick: you got only one Z, either in component or in
alloy's name)

Dezincified bronze seems a non-sense. It does exist for brass, nevertheless.

http://corrosion-doctors.org/Forms-selective/dezinc-valve.htm

Pure copper is rich pink/orange, not deep red. Oxydized copper can be
green or blue. The usual green stains on outside statues are
copper-oxyde leaking from the bronze alloy.

Beware, both Bronze and Brass might be abbreviated Br inadvertently, but
usually Brass is Br, and Bronze Bz.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)