POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : PoseRay mesh2 bug? : PoseRay mesh2 bug? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:45:35 EDT (-0400)
  PoseRay mesh2 bug?
From: Tim Cook
Date: 17 Oct 2014 04:19:34
Message: <5440d116$1@news.povray.org>
The mesh I've been working on is too complex to rule out a misstep I'd
taken at some point, so out of curiosity I set up a new scene in Moray
and dropped in a single sphere, converted it to mesh, and checked
'export as mesh2'.  Importing the .pov into PoseRay 3.13.23.587 turned
the mesh to gibberish, joining a large number of points to a single
location (looks like it's grabbing one vertex of each quad...see
p.b.images).

Exporting not as mesh2 is fine.

Is this something that can be fixed, or is this an inherent problem with
the mesh2 format?

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com