POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : VR Brainstorming : Re: VR Brainstorming Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:33:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VR Brainstorming
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Sep 2014 17:38:12
Message: <5414b944$1@news.povray.org>
On 13/09/2014 21:57, clipka wrote:
> So, I've made up my mind for good to get me an Oculus Rift DK2 to play
> Elite:Dangerous with.

<Green eyed monster> Would a laptop run one?
I just checked. :-(

> (In the long run it would of course be fancy for the tool to also help
> you pick a camera /location/, but that would probably not be possible
> without converting the entire scene to some mesh or voxel representation
> first.)

Are you sure? Bishop3D can import a subset of SDL and display it in
OpenGl. No I'm not asking you to write a parser as I've read the answer
a thousand times. :-(
Just a thought.

> Unfortunately I have only a rather basic understanding of how a
> real-world lathe is used in practice, and have never gotten my hands on
> one myself, but I know there are various "handicrafters" among you
> people, who certainly have plenty of experience in this area, so I'd
> appreciate any input especially from you guys.

It is basically a SOR.

StephenS might be able to help if his workshop anaglyphs are anything to
go by. He is very approachable. He helped me a lot during and after
testing the aforementioned Bishop3D.

--

Regards
     Stephen