POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install for multiple windows 7 users : Re: Install for multiple windows 7 users Server Time
23 Apr 2024 18:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Install for multiple windows 7 users
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Aug 2014 21:33:44
Message: <53f3faf8@news.povray.org>
On 20/08/2014 09:11, Alain wrote:
> The default include files can reside in a single include folder where
> everyone have read access, but only the administrator have write access.
> The same can be done for the sample scene files.

Yes, this is in fact the easiest solution. I suggested separate copies
of the files because in general it is assumed that users have write
access to these files (and are even encouraged to edit them where it
suits).

Of course institutions can have different policies, but then it's up
to them to instruct their users accordingly.

I spent some time making the new version network-friendly, but as you
can see from the tone of Nick's post, that's apparently not enough for
him. The simple fact is I can't satisfy everyone, especially those who
want things handed to them on a platter.

As I cannot predict everyone's setup exactly so made it possible to
install via group policy, but of course that's too much work for some
folk ;-)

-- Chris