POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Driving Physics Playground : Re: Driving et Physics Playground Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Driving et Physics Playground
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 15 Aug 2014 04:51:54
Message: <53edca2a$1@news.povray.org>
El 15/08/14 a las #4, Stephen escribió:
> On 15/08/2014 09:02, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>> El 15/08/14 a las #4, Thomas de Groot escribió:
>>> Very good. A driver is needed inside the car ;-)
>>>

>> Maybe if someone can provide an already posed mesh... ;)
>>

> Maybe if someone can provide the car to pose the driver in. ;-)

   René kindly sent me the Wings3D file, but oddly it doesn't seems
complete: the wheel is missing. Fortunately, Poseray can import POV
meshes, so I just made a 3DS file from there:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/uploads/tmp/micra_inner.3ds

> I would think that a couple of Poser figures would be required. One
> for driving forward, turning left and right with a couple of
> intermediate positions.

   Yes, and it would be nice to have another one for going backwards...
the typical pose of looking back with the right arm posed over the
co-driver seat. :)  ... but for the moment, a single "driving forward"
position will be enough.

--
Jaime