POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : ERROR in difference : Re: ERROR in difference Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ERROR in difference
From: clipka
Date: 15 Jul 2014 11:42:40
Message: <53c54bf0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.07.2014 17:07, schrieb deep125:

> for (rERROR +.00001 ) or (rERROR -.00001 )   render is correct.

Correct in what sense? What are you expecting the scene to look like -
and, also of importance, /why/ are you expecting it to look that way?

The fact that you declare o1 but never use it indicates that you're not
/exactly/ sure what you're doing - so I'm not ashamed to say that I'm
not really sure what you're doing either.

Fact is that when you set rERROR=rT, you have two objects with
coincident surfaces (r1 and r3), which is known to always be a potential
source of trouble, and you're using them in nested differences, which
makes the issue all the more complicated.

I'm quite certain this is not an all-uppercase ERROR, but just another
instance of a well-known /limitation/ known as the "coincident surface
problem".