POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Installation will not begin - various error messages : Re: Installation will not begin - various error messages Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:45:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Installation will not begin - various error messages
From: Chris Cason
Date: 7 Feb 2014 01:19:10
Message: <52f47ade$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/02/2014 09:03, skywalker89 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently downloaded POVray and was trying to begin the installation process,
> but it won't even start. I get various error messages. I tried repeating the
> download, but it seems that each download gives me a different error message.
> Was wondering if anyone could help me. I believe in am working with a 32bit
> system (messages on my computer say Win32).
>
> Here is the first error message that I see:
>
> "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download
> and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."
>
> As I mentioned, I tried to download several other times, but these did not work
> either. On another copy I got this message:
>
> "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is
> incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line
> sxtrace.exe tool for more details. "

Where did you get this installer from? I do not recognize that message.

If you right-click on the installer and choose 'Properties', there
should be a tab labeled 'Digital Signatures'. Check that this is
present and shows the exe is signed by us. A damaged file will not
have a valid digital signature.

-- Chris