POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Suspicious behavior? : Re: Suspicious behavior? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suspicious behavior?
From: posfan12
Date: 8 Jan 2014 01:45:14
Message: <52ccf3fa@news.povray.org>
Here is a log of my most recent attempt at rendering the scene.

10:45	- Started render.
~12:00	- First noticed the "Bad allocation" message. Let the render
continue anyway."Current Memory Usage" indicator hovers around 32MB
despite nearly all my 3GB of RAM being used up.
12:45	- Stopped the render manually. The little tune for ending a render
rings. "Current Memory Usage" starts ticking upward to about 2.5GB.
Toolbar buttons are still grayed out.
1:05	- Most memory has been reclaimed. "Current Memory Usage" indicator
oscillates between ~100MB to ~750MB.
1:30	- The little tune rings again. The toolbar buttons are usable
again. "Current Memory Usage" is still around 175MB.

It takes 45 minutes to reclaim the memory used up by the render? I think
this behavior is very odd.

Mike

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.