POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Can I disable downscaling of preview window? : Re: Can I disable downscaling of preview window? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:34:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I disable downscaling of preview window?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jan 2014 07:43:44
Message: <52c55f00$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/01/2014 11:23, Lars R. a écrit :

>> I forgot, with a Xnest, you can have an internal display of the size
>> you want, in which to put the preview (and hopefully a lightweight
>> window manager). This can at least force a smaller preview window
>> (using -geometry option of Xnest).
>
> You earnestly suggest to run a separate X server just to circumvent
> Povray's automatic scaling of its preview window?

I suggest to run a separate X server if you are not happy with the
automatic scaling done by povray. The alternative being of course to
have a display such that preview window would fit.

Using Xnest, you can have whatever size you want.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.