POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Can I disable downscaling of preview window? : Re: Can I disable downscaling of preview window? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 01:06:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I disable downscaling of preview window?
From: Lars R
Date: 2 Jan 2014 05:23:36
Message: <52c53e28$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Is it possible to disable the downscale of the preview Window on
>>> pov3.7 or specify the size of the preview window explicitly?
>>>
>>> In pov3.6 it was surely annoying that a 2048x1536 rendering
>>> whouldn't fit on screen, but I regularily render on my 1024x600
>>> netbook and I'd like to got 800x600 or 1024x768 windows but only
>>> got preview windows of about 640x480 or so.
>>
>> If preview is requested (+D), the downscale is automatic to have the
>> same scale on both axis (as soon as the window, with its expected
>> decoration, wouldn't fit the available screen).
>>
>> You can disable the preview window completely with -D.

I do want a preview window. I just want to disable the automatic scaling
of the preview window (because it scales wrong in some cases, as I
mentioned already in my original posting). That was be the behavior of
Povray 3.6., so I guessed, _disabling_ the new feature "auto scale"
would be easy to do.

> I forgot, with a Xnest, you can have an internal display of the size
> you want, in which to put the preview (and hopefully a lightweight
> window manager). This can at least force a smaller preview window
> (using -geometry option of Xnest).

You earnestly suggest to run a separate X server just to circumvent
Povray's automatic scaling of its preview window?

Lars R.