POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released : Re: UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:50:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UberPOV 1.37.0.0-beta.2 released
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 24 Nov 2013 07:05:16
Message: <5291eb7c$1@news.povray.org>

> Now with basic support for motion blur.

    I just started to try to apply reflection blur to my christmas
baubles... but found a problem even before starting:

    As a first test, I just changed the version directive and rendered it
with UberPOV, and the garland was missing. Checking my ugly code, I
found that trace() seems to not be working at all. The attached simple
scene shows the problem: on 3.7 you get some scattered spheres, as the
trace() call finds an intersection point with the plane, but on UberPOV
all the spheres get placed at <0,0,0>, as the intersection test seems to
fail (normal is also 0).

--
Jaime

Post a reply to this message