POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How do I make a torch shine? : Re: How do I make a torch shine? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:55:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I make a torch shine?
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Oct 2013 06:12:53
Message: <525137a5$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/10/2013 10:16 AM, TMGellert wrote:
> Hm, I can't make this work. I can define the 'ambient' value but I struggle with
> the radiosity setting. How do I write this so it could work?

Since you are new to Pov. If it were me, I would build your scene using
traditional lighting, until you get the hang of it. Personally I never
use radiosity as I've never had the good results that some people here
have. It is a subject on its own.
To get your torch to light and show a beam. You will need to use media.
You put a hollow container around your light source (hollow is a
keyword) and use scattering or emissive media. You will need to read up
on that, as well. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen