POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : pass_through : Re: pass_through Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:29:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pass_through
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 25 Aug 2013 19:08:59
Message: <521a8e8b$1@news.povray.org>
James Holsenback wrote:

> I see the appropriate indexintery tag: {{#indexentry:photons,
> pass_through}} at the beginning of the paragraph that starts talking
> about pass_through:

you are right, this helped me find it in the index, it is included
as a sub-entry of photons. However, it seems that sub-entries are not
located when typing into the "Type in the keyword to find" box. This
makes it hard to find the correct entry looking for something specific,
and is probably the reason why many entries appear in pairs like

{{#indexentry:pattern, agate}}
{{#indexentry:agate, pattern}}

The first one ensures that you find a list of patterns under
the index entry for pattern, the second one allows you to find
information about agate when looking for that.

Of course, this looks a bit redundant and cumbersome. Maybe the
script that generates the manual from wiki could be adapted to
automatically "mirror" all entry-subentry items?