POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : killeded : Re: killeded Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:10:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: killeded
From: Shay
Date: 1 Aug 2013 10:57:01
Message: <51fa773d@news.povray.org>
"James Holsenback"  wrote in message news:51fa6eb5$1@news.povray.org...

> If this system /isn't/ your primary, perhaps there are other services that
> can be turned off to regain some overhead ... X11, mysql, file system
> indexing service(s)

Pretty much just for rendering. Has 4G RAM with iirc room for 4 more.

I could figure out what you describe--until recently, Linux exclusively at
home for 10 years or so.

But I can’t just sit down and do it.

The plan now is to remove a few hidden objects, boot to runlevel 2, and
render with
povray scene.pov && povray +C scene.pov  && povray +C scene.pov