POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : release date for v3.7 : Re: release date for v3.7 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: release date for v3.7
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 16 Jul 2013 09:06:11
Message: <51e54543@news.povray.org>
Le 16/07/2013 13:49, Patrick a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to install version 3.7 on a linux (ubuntu) machine and was
> wondering if there is already an expected release date for the readily compiled
> (and easy-to-install) binary file?
> If this release is imminent, I would be able to avoid having to compile it on my
> own which unfortunately is far outside my capabilities.

Due to the various linux/unix architecture, I wouldn't expect a binary
install from the pov-team (but any linux distribution could do it).

For installing and compiling on Ubuntu, you need a few packages and it
should fly.

Have a look at >
http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron/vault/Ubuntu_Gcc

(It's a bit old, referencing 3.7RC4 instead of current 3.7RC7, on Ubuntu
11.10 instead of 12.04 or 13.04, but that should put you on track)

> If anyone knows about the release date, I'd really appreciate to hear about it.

The best estimate I have from old echo: when it's ready.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.