POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Are there documents for the source code? : Re: Are there documents for the source code? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:35:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are there documents for the source code?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 4 Jul 2013 04:02:42
Message: <51d52c22$1@news.povray.org>
Le 04/07/2013 09:04, Simon nous fit lire :
> My purpose is to get a map file which can show a link between the 2D coordinate
> of the result image and the 3D coordinate that is described in the POV file.
>
> I want to fulfill this purpose by modificate the source code of POV-Ray, is it
> possible to do it in this way? Can you give me any advice on this idea?

So, basically you are interested in the camera code
(TracePixel::CreateCameraRay in tracepixel.cpp) which create a Ray (3D
origin with 3D direction) from the position in the final picture.
(unless you want to also have the reflection and refraction, at which
point it become to be harder)

Be aware that there is more than one camera's type, each with its own
mapping.

Documentation (for user, not programmer) of cameras can be seen at
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Camera