POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Are there documents for the source code? : Re: Are there documents for the source code? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:04:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are there documents for the source code?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 2 Jul 2013 03:51:34
Message: <51d28686$1@news.povray.org>
Le 02/07/2013 05:06, Simon nous fit lire :
> I've been reading the source code 3.7 beta for almost two weeks...
> and it's really hard for me to read because there is nearly no comment to
> explain how the code works, so is there any chance that I can get some documents
> for the source code?
>
> p.s. I want to use the source code for my own interest, no business profit
> related.

Which part are you interested in ?

It is a far more easy to understand with the 3.1g source (far more C
oriented, despite being already very object oriented, without
multi-threading and message passing, but also with all sources flat IIRC)

common sources are in source/, but gluing code is in vfe/ and unix/ (for
the unix port)

p.s.: check the licenses.
p.s.2: current code is 3.7RC7, not beta anymore.