POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Sky simulation : Re: Sky simulation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:54:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky simulation
From: scott
Date: 1 Jul 2013 03:31:45
Message: <51d13061@news.povray.org>
> Hello, I try your macro but I've got an error on line:
> #local xyYtoR = function (x,y,Y){ (x/y* 3.2406  -1.5372 + (1-x-y)/y *
> -0.4986)*Y/SkyMaxLuminance }
> where Y seems undefined.
> I am wrong?

Y is one of the parameters for the function, so it becomes defined when
the function is called. What version of POV are you using? I've tried it
on 3.6 and 3.7 with no issues.

On 30/06/2013 18:14, Alain wrote:
 > This is a reason to NOT use "X", "Y" or "Z" as user variable names.
 > It can lead to some confusion.

I wouldn't normally do such a thing, but the colour space used by the
algorithm is Yxy. My POV version didn't complain or get confused about
using Y and y, so this makes the equations easier to read. I suppose I
could have used _Y or something.