POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Help file searching, oddity. : Re: Help file searching, oddity. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:36:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help file searching, oddity.
From: James Holsenback
Date: 19 May 2013 06:42:17
Message: <5198ac89$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/17/2013 07:03 AM, Stephen wrote:
> This may be due to my system and setup (Win7 64 bit). But in the help file:

> enter. I get a list of keywords below it and a list in the RHS window
> (okay so far). If I click on, say, adc_bailout in the RHS window. I get
> the entry for it displayed with the header at the top of the screen.
> If I double click on it in the LHS window the display goes to the header
> for 3.4.1 Global Settings.

> click on aa_level in the LHS window nothing happens. Nor does anything
> happen for the next two entries, to absorption.  Double clicking on

> just below it. But
>
> I could go on. (I often do ;-) )
>
> BTW the help for 3.6.2 does something similar.
>
> The fact that I have not seen anyone mention this makes me suspicious
> that it is something to do with my system. If that is so what can I do?
>
> Oops! there is an entry from JamesB7271 on 11th of March 2012.

I reviewed all the cases you mentioned above, and the indexentry tag for
those entry /all/ appear to be in the proper place ... I'm thinking the
algorithm that produces the search-able index has some problems.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Global_Settings

{{#indexentry:adc_bailout, global_settings}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, adc_bailout}}
==ADC_Bailout==

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Media

==Sampling Parameters & Methods==
the ray. It uses a process called <em>Monte Carlo integration.</em>
POV-Ray provides three different types of media sampling. The

sampling <code>method</code> is 3, and it's default for
<code>intervals</code> is 1. Sampling methods 1 and 2 have been retained
for legacy purposes.</p>

{{#indexentry:aa_threshold, media}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, aa_threshold}}
{{#indexentry:aa_level, media}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, aa_level}}

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions

{{#indexentry:abs}}

{{#indexentry:acos}}

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Media#Absorption

{{#indexentry:absorption, media}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, absorption}}
===Absorption===
is absorbed when looking through the media. For example,
<code>absorption rgb<0,1,0></code> blocks the green light but
permits red and blue to get through. Therefore a white object behind the
media will appear magenta. The default value is
<code>rgb<0,0,0></code> which means no light is absorbed, meaning
all light passes through normally.</p>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Global_Settings

{{#indexentry:charset, global_settings}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, charset}}
{{#indexentry:ascii, global_settings}}
{{#indexentry:keyword, ascii}}
{{#indexentry:utf8, global_settings}}