POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data : Re: How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render 3d smoke using exisiting particle data
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Apr 2013 06:26:05
Message: <51711bbd$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/04/2013 10:41 AM, Ray wrote:
> But, after googled around, I still have no idea how to convert my 3D matrices
> data into a .DF3 file. Could you please give me some more details or examples
> for that?

Does this help? (From the 3.7 Help File)

3.4.7.1.8.1 df3 file format

Header:
The df3 format consists of a 6 byte header of three 16-bit integers with
high order byte first. These three values give the x,y,z size of the
data in pixels (or more appropriately called voxels ).

Data:
The header is followed by x*y*z unsigned integer bytes of data with a
resolution of 8, 16 or 32 bit. The data are written with high order byte
first (big-endian). The resolution of the data is determined by the size
of the df3-file. That is, if the file is twice (minus header, of course)
as long as an 8 bit file then it is assumed to contain 16 bit ints and
if it is four times as long 32 bit ints.

Again from the help files

3.3.2.3.4 The write Directive

Note: See the sample macro ARRAYS_WriteDF3 in arrays.inc to see how this
feature may be used.

Also somewhere on the net there is a utility called tga2df3.exe will
convert a tga file to df3.

--
Regards
     Stephen